Thursday, October 3, 2013

Singapore 2012: Universal Studios

Leave a Comment
Sentosa is not all about the beach and luxurious resorts. Sentosa is also the location of Universal Studios Singapore! I wonder if anyone can ever take a photo of the globe with all the letters of “Universal” captured in one perfect shot.

image


image

As with all amusement parks, vibrant colors are everywhere. I’m really attracted to colors and energy. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for extreme rides (what am I doing in an amusement park then?).

image

image

The first ride, among very few that I’ve tried, is Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride. It is located in the Ancient Egypt themed zone of the Park. I was fooled into thinking that this was just a mild horror train, where it carries you around a “haunted” pyramid and scares the wits out of you with living mummies or snakes or whatever. Boy, I would have taken fake snakes, which I am totally scared of, over a freakin’ indoor rollercoaster!!! I am a total wimp, I know. But I think thrill-seekers would love this ride.

image

image

image

image

The next themed zone we visited was Sci-fi City.

image

And no, I’ll never ride that rollercoaster… or any other rollercoaster for that matter.

image

My favorite ride was Transformers. I thought it would be scary but it wasn’t. It was thrilling, yes, but not scary. Take it from someone who cries or shouts all expletives in her vocabulary when she’s somehow tricked into riding a rollercoaster. I know what scary feels like. Transformers just made me feel proud that I saved New York City from destruction side by side with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee… Oh, wait, it’s not real? Bummer.

image

Speaking of New York City, the next themed zone is exactly that. It has mini versions of the NY Public Library, Rockefeller Center, Broadway, down to the famous Yellow Cab.

image

image

image

image

image

image

At that moment, I never thought I would get to see the real thing but… [stay tuned for future posts].

image

The last section we visited was Hollywood. I loved the singing group 50’s-diner style.

image

This cute train will take us to two other stops within Sentosa, and also back to the City proper. I wish I could go back soon.

image

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment