Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Singapore 2012: Sentosa Beach

Leave a Comment
I was looking forward to writing this post revolving around the beautiful pictures I have taken.  The exact reason why Singapore became one of my most favorite destinations is because of Sentosa.  It makes Singapore not just a finance center, all grayed out by the tallest buildings, but a city that marries progress and nature.

Sentosa is a small island easily accessible by train.

image




When you say island, of course a beach comes to mind.  You would forget for a moment that you are in a highly-urbanized city.

image


image

image

There are a lot of scenic spots, perfect for countless photo ops.  Crossing this hanging bridge over a lagoon would bring you to a villa.


image


image

I climbed on top and took a photo of Sentosa mainland.

image


image

The interesting thing about this islet is that it is the southernmost point of continental Asia.  It says so on the sign. Haha!

image

Another thing that amazed me was that it took longer for the sun to set compared in the Philippines.  I know that it is scientifically correct, and not a phenomenon of any sort.  I guess I was just so used to living very near to the equator where the sun sets at 6:00 PM most days of the year.  It was 7:00 PM in Singapore and the sun was only beginning to set.

image


image


image

At night, since it was a bit chilly at the beach and already too dark, we went to Resorts World to have dinner and to sight-see.  There is no shortage of pretty sights and lights, I must say.

image


image


image


image


image

0 comments:

Post a Comment