Sunday, October 27, 2013

Guangzhou 2012: Guangdong Museum

Leave a Comment
On the same day that we roamed around the landmarks of Guangzhou, we also visited the interestingly-designed Guangdong museum.  Honestly, I am not a museum-going type of person but figuring that China has a very rich culture and history, I might as well immerse myself while I was there.

image




The facade reminds of Lego and Tetris.  One would think this was a purely art museum because it looked so avant-garde.  

image

Inside, we were greeted by a spacious lobby, with a wide staircase.

image

The first section we found was dedicated to cultural history.

image

image

image

We found old writings, traditional Chinese characters…

image

image

image

… the working class…

image

… and ornately-created porcelain jars.

image

image

I liked this diorama and the carvings on the wall.

image

image

We weren’t done with our personal tour yet but we already found the souvenir shop.

image

After a bit of rest, we reached the natural history section.

image

image

image

My most favorite part is the whale display, suspended mid-air.  I felt like I was on the ocean floor looking up at them.

image

And then, we saw the dinosaurs.

image

image

Surprisingly, I enjoyed my visit.  Guangdong Musuem does have something for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment