Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vietnam 2011: The City of Saigon

Leave a Comment
This is actually my first ever out of the country trip.  My friends and I didn’t plan this.  It just happened… or more likely, a seat sale happened.

Ho Chi Minh City is the official name now but Saigon has certain ring to it.

Anyway, we went there with no itinerary at all.  It was like, anything goes!  So the first thing we did as tourists was to roam around the city, and the products of our walkathons are here below.

Museum

image




A cute cafe inside the museum

image

Stopped over for lunch at a sidewalk restaurant

image

Here’s the Notredame Cathedral.  I just stole a shot as we were riding a taxi that’s why it’s skewed a bit.

image

The next day (or maybe it was the 3rd, I’m not so sure), we booked a guided tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple.  The Cu Chi Tunnels were constructed as a hiding place of the locals during the war.

See this hole?  Very ingenious.

image

We tried going into the tunnels and they almost made me claustrophobic!

I’d rather climb war tanks.

image

Great shot by my friend of the Cao Dai temple, our last stop of the day.

image

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment